Interested in joining our team? Below are the current open positions at Spice Trade Brewing.
Assistant Brewer: Part Time
Spice Trade Brewing Company is seeking a passionate and motivated assistant brewer to aid in all brewhouse operations in our Arvada Brewpub. This is a part time position to start with an estimated 16-24 hours per week. We are a small operation but growing quickly and expect this to transition into a full-time position in the coming months as our production brewery gets underway. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a unique and rapidly growing craft brewery as we expand our award-winning brewpub into a new production facility and the retail market in 2017.
The ideal candidate will have professional experience working in the brewing industry and be a good independent worker capable of learning and executing our brewhouse procedures. We are a small brewpub based in Arvada but the position will require some travel to Westminster and South Denver to our other restaurant locations. Some travel to a production brewery to assist in contract brewing operations may also be required. A clean driving record with a Colorado state driver’s license will be necessary.
- Assist in all brew house tasks as needed including, production, cellaring, packaging and brewery related events/festivals
- Measure and prepare ingredients for use in beer production
- Clean and fill kegs
- Perform draft line maintenance at our 3 restaurant locations
- Assist in cellar operations, tank transfers, CIP and sanitization
- Previous experience in the craft beer industry
- A true passion for high quality, unique craft beer
- Strong knowledge of the brewing process and best practices
- Ability to safely lift 55lbs and maneuver full kegs
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Good task & time management skills with strong problem solving ability
- Strong mechanical aptitude, able to identify and implement brewhouse repairs
- Some weekend work will be required
About Spice Trade:
Spice Trade Brewing Company (Formerly Yak & Yeti Brewpub) is located in Arvada, Colorado and has been brewing award winning beer for the last 9 years. At Spice Trade Brewing Company, we brew unique beer styles inspired by culinary ingredients and traditions from around the world for the adventurous craft beer drinker seeking delicious new experiences. Our brewpub serves Indian, Nepalese, and Tibetan food and has won multiple awards including Denver A-List’s “Best Indian Restaurant in Denver 2016”. Our beers have won 14 various awards since opening including a GABF gold and silver medal. We have 4 flagship beers and 7 seasonal, rotating beers in our Arvada location with a yearly production volume of 350 BBLs sold exclusively through our brewpub and two other restaurant locations in Westminster and south Denver.
If this opportunity sounds interesting, we’d love to talk to you! Please e-mail your resume and cover letter along with your current favorite beer and why to: