Interested in joining our team? Below are the current open positions at Spice Trade Brewing.
Spice Trade Brewing – Sales Representative and Brand Ambassador – South Denver
Spice Trade Brewing Company is growing rapidly. We started distributing our canned beer in early 2018 and are looking to expand our distribution footprint! We are seeking a passionate, motivated, and experienced craft beer guru to help expand our reach in South Denver, and the surrounding areas. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a unique and rapidly growing craft brewery. Spice Trade will be opening a new brewery and taproom location in Greenwood Village in Fall 2019 and this position will be key to increasing our brand recognition in our new home territory.
- Being 21 years of age or older.
- Proven experience in the Colorado Craft beer market (4 years minimum sales experience).
- Experience in both on and off premise beer sales.
- A deep understanding of the Colorado craft beer market, including:
- Beer trends and market gaps.
- Inner workings of on and off premise beer distribution.
- A true passion for high quality, unique craft beer.
- Strong ability to be self motivated, and manage one’s time and schedule.
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships.
- Ability to effectively work independently and manage a large territory.
- A working knowledge of Quickbooks and Excel.
- A clean driving record and reliable car
- Ability to lift cases of beer and full kegs without help.
Building a new craft beer brand in a crowded market is hard work; thus, the ideal candidate must be self-sufficient, motivated and organized, as well as be excited about working with a small team to build a retail beer brand. As part of a small team, you will be expected to take on responsibilities outside of sales, as needed, including assisting in brewery operations, participating in educational events and beer related training.
As a sales representative and brand ambassador, you will be expected to positively highlight and showcase the brewery. Therefore the ideal candidate should be knowledgeable about the various aspects of beer, from brewing operations and beer styles to off flavors and serving / storage techniques. You will be expected to maintain quality standards for all distributed products and be able to form and maintain various professional relationships. This position will involve a lot of driving to accounts and delivering product, so you must have a reliable car and a clean driving record.
- Acquire, Maintain and expand, off and on premise accounts.
- Manage inventory, invoices, accounting and deliveries from brewery packaging to retail accounts.
- Forming and maintaining professional relationships.
- Working with other departments to ensure a clear understanding of beer releases, associated beer styles and company culture.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained for all distributed product.
- Represent the brand and brewery in a professional, accurate and positive manner.
- Attend beer festivals and responsibly serve patrons.
- Schedule hand sales and tastings to help build brand recognition.
- Engage with consumers in a polite and friendly manner.
- Promote products and beer education to customers and retailers
About the Brewery:
Spice Trade Brewing Company (Formerly Yak & Yeti Brewpub) is located in Arvada, Colorado and has been brewing award winning beer for the last 11 years. At Spice Trade Brewing Company, we brew unique beer styles inspired by culinary ingredients and traditions from around the world for the adventurous craft beer drinker. Our brewpub serves Indian, Nepalese, and Tibetan food and has won multiple awards including Denver A-List’s “Best Indian Restaurant in Denver 2016”. Our beers have won 16 various awards since opening including a GABF gold and silver medal. We have 4 flagship beers and 7 seasonal, rotating beers in our Arvada location with a yearly production volume of 350 BBLs sold through our brewpub and three other restaurant locations in Westminster, Brighton and South Denver. We produce multiple year-round canned offerings, seasonal specialty bombers, and seasonal canned beers that rotate quarterly.
Spice Trade Brewing will soon be expanding into a new brewery location in the DTC/Greenwood Village area Fall 2019. The new location will house a 15 BBL brewhouse, taproom and kitchen. The taproom will reassemble an outdoor street market, featuring 20 taps, and a kitchen serving various street food dishes from around the world. This new location will offer craft beer drinkers a unique experience to expand their pallets and explore a wide range of flavors and culinary traditions.
If this opportunity sounds interesting, we’d love to talk to you!
Please email your resume and cover letter, as well as the answers to these following questions:
- What is your favorite beer and why?
- What do you like and dislike about the Colorado craft beer scene?
- Where is the place you want to visit most in the world and why?
All submissions can be emailed to: Jobs@SpiceTradeBrewing.com