Interested in joining our team? Below are the current open positions at Spice Trade Brewing.
Spice Trade Brewing – Restaurant & Brewery General Manager – Full Time – Salary
Spice Trade Brewing Company is seeking a passionate and experienced General Manager to establish and maintain operations in our new brewery and restaurant in Greenwood Village, CO (DTC). This is a full time, salaried position. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a unique and rapidly growing craft brewery as we expand our award-winning brewpub into our newly built, flagship restaurant and brewery.
The ideal candidate will have extensive professional experience working as a General Manager in both a restaurant and bar setting. The position will require a deep understanding of craft beer, excitement about beer and food pairing, and the ability to clearly communicate brewing techniques and flavor profiles to staff and customers. As this is a new (second) location, the General Manager will be required to wear many hats and contribute to a fast-paced team as we hire, train, and complete our buildout for opening.
- Manage all accounting, inventory and reporting procedures including weekly P&L, payroll, invoice management, and POS management
- Manage staffing, scheduling, hiring & training. This includes initial employee trainings and ongoing weekly & pre-shift tastings & trainings.
- Responsible for all ordering of liquor, wine, N/A beverages and general supplies, inventory & merchandise
- In charge of taproom cleanliness and maintenance
- Spearhead any needed startup tasks including all general build-out tasks as well as creating and maintaining all FOH SOPs
- Act as a brand ambassador to create a high-end customer experience. Develop and maintain Spice Trade culture.
- Promote community and business relations by working with outside organizations on events and promotions both in and outside of the taproom
- Oversee and ensure compliance with relevant regulatory agencies, legal and code compliance, communications and filings
- Previous experience as a General Manager in a restaurant & bar setting is REQUIRED
- A true passion for high quality, unique craft beer, food, and guest service
- The following minimum certifications (or ability to obtain them)
- TIPS (or equivalent certification approved by CO & Tri-County Health Dept)
- ServSafe (or equivalent certification approved by CO & Tri-County Health Dept)
- Cicerone Certified Beer Server
- Flexible working hours including weekends, nights & holidays
About Spice Trade:
Spice Trade Brewing Company (Formerly Yak & Yeti Brewpub) originally was located in Arvada, Colorado and has been brewing award winning beer since 2008. At Spice Trade Brewing Company, we brew unique beer styles inspired by culinary ingredients and traditions from around the world to highlight cultures through their flavors and ingredients. Our Arvada brewpub serves Indian, Nepalese, and Tibetan food and has won multiple awards including Denver A-List’s “Best Indian Restaurant in Denver 2016”. Our beers have won 16 various awards since opening including a GABF gold and silver medal. In 2020 Spice Trade Brewing Company will open a flagship restaurant & brewery in Greenwood Village, CO (DTC) that will expand our brewing capacity and include a kitchen serving a rotating selection of street food from around the world.
If this opportunity sounds interesting, we’d love to talk to you! Please e-mail your resume, cover letter and references to: